Wednesday, August 20, 2008

But what's my blogging score?

Apparently, it's a slow time for science, as now there's been a study to find out just what the hell kind of person writes a blog anyway?
A team of scientists, led by psychologist Rosanna Guadagno from the University of Alabama, wondered what personality traits made some people more likely than others to write blogs. To answer these questions, Guadagno and her colleagues used the Big Five personality inventory test to measure five key personality traits in college students who write blogs.
The common traits for bloggers, it seems, is an openness to new experience and neuroticism.

Hardly one to go against the word of science, I took the test myself to figure out whether or not I should be writing this at all. My scores:
Extraversion: 1
Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness: 80
Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Conscientiousness: 24
Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Neuroticism: 99
Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openness to Experience: 15
Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative.
I don't agree with that description for "openness to experience." The score, totally, but with my crazy-ass hair I can't see how anyone could consider me to be conservative.

I can't say I find the results clear cut on whether or not I should keep writing, but with that neuroticism score I think I could probably get away with writing a few more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment